The term has already started, but I need to go back to my home country. What do I do?

It’s important to notify your Academic Advisor and the Registrar/PDSO of your intention to return to your home country right away! If you do not inform your Academic Advisor and the Registrar/PDSO, your SEVIS record may be terminated for a violation of your visa. This may cause you problems obtaining any type of visa for the U.S. in the future. It is also important to note that you must depart the U.S. within 15 days after you drop your classes. You will also need to follow these important steps:

  • Give a copy of your departure flight reservation to Julia Dubiel, Registrar/PDSO. You can bring a copy in to the Registrar’s Office, fax it Attention to: Julia Dubiel, to: 805.962.4786, or email it to
  • If the refund deadline has not passed, you can contact Paul Luciano in the Fiscal Office at or 805.962-8179 ext. 5103 regarding a tuition refund.

Posted in: Travel Questions