How do I repay my loans if my situation changes unexpectedly?

A change in career goals, the loss of a job, or other unexpected changes in your situation could make repaying your loans more difficult than you expected. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you could qualify for a deferment or forbearance:

    • Enrolled at least half-time at a postsecondary school
    • Unable to find full-time employment
    • Experiencing economic hardship
    • On active military duty

Contact your loan servicer to discuss your options. You can retrieve your loan information at This is a federal website and you can login using your FSA ID.

Posted in: Financial Aid FAQs