If my visa is damaged, do I have to apply for a new one?

If your visa is damaged in some way, such as water damage, it is automatically considered invalid by U.S. port-of-entry officials even if your data and picture are still legible. You must apply for a new visa the next time you travel outside of the U.S. if you are planning to come back to continue your studies.

Posted in: Visa & Passport Questions