How can I renew my visa?

If your visa is expired or about to expire and you are traveling out of the U.S., you will need to renew your visa. The items on this checklist are suggested preparations. These documents do not guarantee that you will be granted a visa. Check the website of the U.S. Embassy where you will apply for specific instructions.

STEP ONE: Before you return to your home country

  • Register full-time for next quarter.
  • Pay tuition fees in full, OR request a payment plan if you cannot pay in full at this time.
  • Request an official AUSB transcript by completing the Transcript Request form or request a verification of enrollment letter at the Registrar’s Office.
  • Request a travel signature from the Registrar/PDSO or Director of Admissions/DSO by completing the Travel Signature Request form.

STEP TWO: Check the U.S. Embassy website in your home country for specific instructions about the requirements and procedures to renew the F-1 visa. If you do not know the website, you can find it here.

STEP THREE: Complete the Online Visa Application Form (DS-160)

  • Link to the application here
  • Pay the visa application fee and attach your payment receipt to your DS-160 confirmation page

Posted in: Visa & Passport Questions