You have the right:
- To privacy. All records and data submitted with your application for financial aid will be treated confidentially.
- To accept or decline any offer of financial assistance.
- To an explanation of how your financial need was determined.
- To be notified before your aid is cancelled
- You have the responsibility:
- To read and understand all financial aid documentation and to provide correct information.
- To apply for financial aid each year by completing the FAFSA and submitting any supporting documentation required by the Financial Aid Office.
- To maintain satisfactory academic progress as outlined in the AUSB catalog.
- To repay with interest (if required) any aid advance to you for which you are not or were not eligible.
- To complete a loan counseling session online. To repay on time any loans advanced to you.
- To keep your lender and the AUSB Registrar’s Office informed at all times of your current address and changes to your name.
- To report any changes in resources, including scholarships from private organizations.
- To use financial aid funds only for educational related expenses.
- To inform the Financial Aid Office if you are a member of a religious order (e.g. priest, nun, minister, rabbi, etc.)
Important Things to Remember:
Loan Money will not be released if the Master Promissory Note is not completed.
A refund of any excess financial aid received will be sent from the Student Accounts Office within 14 days of receipt.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed each fiscal year (July 1 through June 30) for which you wish to receive aid.