How does a third party verify degree status?

Antioch University Santa Barbara has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to act as its agent for the verification of degree conferral and enrollment status. Third parties who wish to verify degrees and/or enrollment, please select the “Order-Track-Verify” menu tab on the NSC website:

If you have any questions regarding enrollment and/or degree verifications, please feel free to contact NSC directly at

Phone: (703) 742-4200
FAX: (703) 742-4239

What do I do if my relatives want to attend the commencement ceremony, but need a visitor’s visa?

If you are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony, the Registrar’s Office can provide you with an official commencement letter inviting your relatives to the commencement ceremony.  The Registrar’s Office will need to know the names of your relatives (exactly as they appear on their passports) as well as their relation to you.

For more information regarding the B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa process and requirements, please visit Visitor Visas – Business and Pleasure.


How do I order an official AUSB transcript?

Antioch University Santa Barbara has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide online transcript ordering services to our current and former students.

To order an official transcript, please visit the AUSB National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering Center.

If you need help or have questions about the National Student Clearinghouse’s transcript ordering service, please feel free to contact them via email at or by phone at 703.742.7791.

How do I order an unofficial AUSB transcript?

Students with an Antioch email account can request unofficial copies of their transcripts by writing to  Unofficial transcript requests sent to the records account are returned as a PDF document to the student’s Antioch email account.

Alumni and former students who no longer have an Antioch email account will need to request an official transcript at

How much does an official transcript cost?

An official transcript without narrative assessments is $10.00.  An official transcript with narrative assessments is $15.00.  Please note that there is a $2.25 National Student Clearinghouse processing charge in addition to the amounts listed above.

Can I have a transcript downloaded or sent electronically?

If you choose PDF delivery when placing an order for a transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse, an instructional email and password will be sent to the recipient so please make sure that you provide a valid email address for the person/company receiving your transcript.  The PDF transcript will remain available to the recipient for 30 days from the date that your order is closed.  Stay in touch with the recipient to ensure that it is picked up and printed within that time.  If it is not picked up by the recipient and printed within 30 days, your order will expire and you will be required to re-purchase the service. 

Please keep in mind that an PDF transcript sent to you, or a transcript faxed to you, and printed by yourself for another party is not considered an official transcript by many recipients.  Please make sure that your recipient is in agreement with this type of delivery if you are considering delivering the document yourself.

How can I obtain a GPA equivalent?

To request a GPA equivalent letter, please complete the GPA Equivalent Request Form or contact the Registrar’s Office at  Individuals can also request a GPA equivalent letter  when ordering official transcripts by indicating you want a letter in the Special Instructions section of the National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Request form.

Can someone pick up my diploma or transcript for me?

Yes for situations involving a transcript.  To have someone pick up a transcript on your behalf, please provide the Student Services Office with written notification of the name, date, and time range when the individual will be picking up the documents.  Please include your printed name, signature, and student ID number on the request.  Please note that photo ID will need to be provided prior to release of any documents.

Due to the fact that diplomas are produced at the Yellow Springs, Ohio campus, diplomas cannot be picked up at the Santa Barbara campus location.