ON THE ROOFTOP
- Event Calendar
- 2014-2015 AUSB-NASW Seminar Series
- Information Sessions
- Past Events
- Antioch in Conversation: Homelessness
- Our Environment In Focus
- Trustee Forum Healthcare
- Scholarship Benefit Concert Event
- Antioch In Conversation: Our Environment – Arise
- MBA Workshop – Building a Socially Responsible Partnership: The Entrepreneur’s Role
- Authors@Antioch: Andrea Hutton
- Trustee Forum: How Can We Balance Homeland Security and Personal Privacy?
- Trustee Forum Immigration
- Trustee Forum Immigration (ESP)
- Psychology Seminar Series
- The Symposium on Healthy Aging
- The Healthy Child and Adolescent Psychology Workshop Series
- Summer Writing Institute 2013
- Environment in Focus: Samsara
Our Environment In Focus
Film: If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front
Friday, April 18, 2014, 7:00 – 9:00 pm
If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front tells the remarkable story of the rise and fall of this ELF cell, by focusing on the transformation and radicalization of one of its members.
Part coming-of-age tale, part cops-and-robbers thrilller, the film interweaves a verite chronicle of Daniel on house arrest as he faces life in prison, with a dramatic recounting of the events that led to his involvement with the group. And along the way it asks hard questions about environmentalism, activism, and the way we define terrorism.
Drawing from striking archival footage – much of it never before seen –and intimate interviews with ELF members, and with the prosecutor and detective who were chasing them, If a Tree Falls explores the tumultuous period from 1995 until early 2001 when environmentalists were clashing with timber companies and law enforcement, and the word “terrorism” had not yet been altered by 9/11.
Awards it has won:
- Sundance Film Festival — Winner, Documentary Editing Award
- Dallas Film Festival — Winner, Environmental Visions Award
- Nashville Film Festival — Winner, Best Documentary
- Santa Cruz Film Festival – Winner, EarthVision Environmental Jury Prize
- Traverse City Film Festival — Winner, Founders Award Best Documentary
- Flagstaff Mountain Film Festival — Winner, Best Feature
- Princeton Environmental Film Festival — Winner, Best in Festival
Each quarter, the Environmental Studies faculty at AUSB and the Fund for Santa Barbara co-sponsor a collaborative series on contemporary environmental issues affecting our world, free to our community.
Please join us!
All events are free and open to the public and held on the AUSB campus, 602 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA. For additional information, contact Dr. Dawn Murray, BA Program Faculty at email@example.com.