ON THE ROOFTOP
- Event Calendar
- MA in Clinical Psychology:
- MA in Clinical Psychology:
- Information Sessions
- Diana & Simon Raab Writers Series presents Richard Russo
- Refugee Crisis: How is the World Responding?
- Past Events
- Our Environment In Focus
- Welcome to the Multiverse – Women Who Write Across Genres
- The Allure of Anais Nin
- Trustee Forum Healthcare
- Micro-Farming Grandmothers & The New South Africa
- Our Environment in Focus: Occupy Love
- Antioch in Conversation: Say What?
- Meet the Impresarios: The Art of Booking Touring Shows into Santa Barbara
- MBA Workshop – High-Impact Public Speaking Skills for Dynamic Leaders
- Antioch In Conversation: Our Environment – Arise
- Antioch in Conversation: Classical Performing Arts in Today’s Wired World: Where’s the Fit?
- Our Environment in Focus – Rock the Boat
- MBA Workshop – The Art of War
- MBA Workshop – Building a Socially Responsible Partnership: The Entrepreneur’s Role
- Antioch in Conversation: Steven Sharpe of Opera Santa Barbara
- Authors@Antioch: Andrea Hutton
- Antioch in Conversation: Claire Warden
- MBA Workshop – Changemaking: Getting Things Done
- Environment in Focus: Remote Area Medical
- Environment in Focus: Strong at the Broken Places
- MBA Workshop: Secrets of Nonprofit Management
- MBA Workshop: How a Unique Management Style Fosters Creativity
- Antioch in Conversation: Projections of America
- Trustee Forum: How Can We Balance Homeland Security and Personal Privacy?
- Trustee Forum Immigration
- Trustee Forum Immigration (ESP)
- Psychology Seminar Series
- The Symposium on Healthy Aging
- The Healthy Child and Adolescent Psychology Workshop Series
- Summer Writing Institute 2013
Our Environment In Focus
Film: If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front
Friday, April 18, 2014, 7:00 – 9:00 pm
If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front tells the remarkable story of the rise and fall of this ELF cell, by focusing on the transformation and radicalization of one of its members.
Part coming-of-age tale, part cops-and-robbers thrilller, the film interweaves a verite chronicle of Daniel on house arrest as he faces life in prison, with a dramatic recounting of the events that led to his involvement with the group. And along the way it asks hard questions about environmentalism, activism, and the way we define terrorism.
Drawing from striking archival footage – much of it never before seen –and intimate interviews with ELF members, and with the prosecutor and detective who were chasing them, If a Tree Falls explores the tumultuous period from 1995 until early 2001 when environmentalists were clashing with timber companies and law enforcement, and the word “terrorism” had not yet been altered by 9/11.
Awards it has won:
- Sundance Film Festival — Winner, Documentary Editing Award
- Dallas Film Festival — Winner, Environmental Visions Award
- Nashville Film Festival — Winner, Best Documentary
- Santa Cruz Film Festival – Winner, EarthVision Environmental Jury Prize
- Traverse City Film Festival — Winner, Founders Award Best Documentary
- Flagstaff Mountain Film Festival — Winner, Best Feature
- Princeton Environmental Film Festival — Winner, Best in Festival
Each quarter, the Environmental Studies faculty at AUSB and the Fund for Santa Barbara co-sponsor a collaborative series on contemporary environmental issues affecting our world, free to our community.
Please join us!
All events are free and open to the public and held on the AUSB campus, 602 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA. For additional information, contact Dr. Dawn Murray, BA Program Faculty at email@example.com.