The AUSB Writing Center provides free peer assistance with all forms of writing, including:
• Understanding Assignment Guidelines
• APA Style/Formatting
• MLA Style/Formatting
• Integrating Quotes and Citations
• Introductions and Conclusions
• Thesis Statements
• Topic Sentences and Transitions
• Organization and Development of Ideas
• Research Techniques
• Sentence Structure
• Content Development
• Practice Presenting
• PowerPoint/Prezi/Google Slides Support
• Cover Letters
Other Types of Writing
• Scholarship Essays
• Creative Writing
• MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Sakai, WordPress, Prezi, etc.
If there is a specific service not listed here, call or email us with your inquiry. We may be able to help you!
What We Do:
- We help students find a process or plan that suits them.
- We ask questions, listen, and help strategize.
- We create a positive culture of learning.
What We Don’t Do:
- We do not tell, fix, judge, or shame.
- We do not function as an editing service. We help students become better editors of their own work; we do not edit for them or promise they will leave a session with an error-free paper.
- We do not conduct research; however, we can assist students to improve their research skills.
To Make an Appointment:
Just drop in (to Room 207), or schedule an appointment with us in one of these 4 ways:
- Complete the “Request Form” at the bottom of the page
- Email us at: writingcenter.ausb[at]antioch.edu
- Call or leave a message for us at: 805.962.8179, ext. 5110
- Or check our “same day/next day” appointment sign-up sheet that’s posted on our door (Room 207)
- If you email or call, please include the following information:
- Your first and last name
- What program you are in (BA, MACP, M.Ed., MBA, PsyD, etc.)
- A phone number and/or Antioch email where you can be reached
- A brief description of what you need assistance with
- Before attending your appointment, please read “What We Do, What We Don’t Do” (above), and please review our FAQs and the “Preparing for Your Session” guide (below the FAQs on the same page).
Cancellations: If you need to cancel, please do so at least 24 hours in advance.