- SAGE Library & Learning Commons
- Writing Center
- Virtual Bookstore
- Student Support Services
- Academic Calendar
- AUSB Odyssey Online – Student Publication
- Our Campus
- About Santa Barbara
The AUSB Writing Center provides free peer assistance with all forms of writing, including:
• Understanding Assignment Guidelines
• APA Style/Formatting
• MLA Style/Formatting
• Integrating Quotes and Citations
• Introductions and Conclusions
• Thesis Statements
• Topic Sentences and Transitions
• Organization and Development of Ideas
• Research Techniques
• Sentence Structure
• Content Development
• Practice Presenting
• PowerPoint/Prezi/Google Slides Support
• Cover Letters
Other Types of Writing
• Scholarship Essays
• Creative Writing
• MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Sakai, WordPress, Prezi, etc.
If there is a specific service not listed here, call or email us with your inquiry. We may be able to help you!
What We Do:
- We help you find a process or plan that suits you.
- We respond as readers and ask you questions, listen, and help you strategize.
- We create a comfortable learning environment.
What We Don’t Do:
- We do not tell, fix, judge, or shame.
- We do not function as an editing service; we can help you become a better editor of your own work (we do not edit for you or promise you will leave a session with an error-free paper).
- We do not offer remote tutoring; we are a face-to-face tutoring center. (See the Virtual Writing Center for remote tutoring.)
To Make an Appointment:
Just drop in (to Room 207), or schedule an appointment with us in one of these 4 ways:
- Complete the “Request Form” at the bottom of the page
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call or leave a message for us at: 805.962.8179, ext. 5110
- Or check our “same day/next day” appointment sign-up sheet that’s posted on our door (Room 207)
- If you email or call, please include the following information:
- Your first and last name
- What program you are in (BA, MACP, M.Ed., MBA, PsyD, etc.)
- A phone number and/or Antioch email where you can be reached
- A brief description of what you need assistance with
- Before attending your appointment, please read “What We Do, What We Don’t Do” (above), and please review our FAQs and the “Preparing for Your Session” guide (below the FAQs on the same page).
Cancellations: If you need to cancel, please do so at least 24 hours in advance.