The AUSB Writing Center provides free peer assistance with:
- Writing (all forms)
- Brainstorming and Invention Techniques
- Introductions and Conclusions
- Thesis Development
- Paragraph Development
- Supporting Points and Evidence
- Integrating Quotes and Citations
- Organization and Structure
- English Language Learning (ELL)
- Study Skills
- Time Management
- Adherence to Assignment
- Entrance Essays
- Scholarship Applications
- Research and Citation Techniques
- Résumé & CV Writing
- Grant Writing
- Poster Writing
- Conference Paper Presentation
- Creative Writing
- Tech support (Course Registration, VWC Tutorials)
- MS Office: Word, Powerpoint, Excel
If there is a specific skill not listed here, call or e-mail us with your inquiry. We may be able to help you!
What We Do, What We Don’t Do
What We Do:
- We help students find a process or plan that suits them.
- We ask questions, listen, and help strategize.
- We create a positive culture of learning.
- We recognize that the struggle to translate thoughts and feelings into words is universal.
What We Don’t Do:
- We do not tell, fix, judge, or shame.
- We do not function as an editing service. We help students become better editors of their own work; we do not edit for them or promise that they will leave a one-hour session with an error-free paper.
- We do not conduct research; however, we can assist students to improve their research skills.
How to Make an Appointment:
- Please read “What We Do, What We Don’t Do” (above) and review our policies (on our FAQ page).
- Use the “request form” below; email us at writingcenter.ausb[at]antioch.edu; call or leave a message for us at 805-962-8179 ext 5110; drop by room 210 to see us; or use our “same day/next day” sign up sheet (room 210). If you email or call, please include the following information:
- Your first and last name
- What program you are in (BA, MACP, MAE, PsyD)
- A phone number and/or Antioch email where you can be reached
- A brief description of what you need assistance with
- Before attending your appointment, please review our FAQ, including “How should I prepare for my appointment and what should I bring?”
Cancellations: If you need to cancel, please do so at least 24 hours in advance.