The AUSB Writing Center provides free peer assistance with:
- Writing (all forms)
- Brainstorming and Outlining
- Introductions and Conclusions
- Thesis Statements
- Topic Sentences and Transitions
- Supporting Points and Evidence
- Integrating Quotes and Citations
- Organization and Structure
- ESL and ELL Support
- MLA Formatting
- APA Formatting
- Understanding Assignment Guidelines
- Entrance Essays
- Scholarship Applications
- Research and Citation Techniques
- Résumé & CV Writing
- Grant Writing
- Poster Writing
- Oral Presentations
- Creative Writing
- Tech support (Course Registration, VWC Tutorials)
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Prezi
If there is a specific skill not listed here, call or e-mail us with your inquiry. We may be able to help you!
What We Do:
- We help students find a process or plan that suits them.
- We ask questions, listen, and help strategize.
- We create a positive culture of learning.
What We Don’t Do:
- We do not tell, fix, judge or shame.
- We do not function as an editing service. We help students become better editors of their own work; we do not edit for them or promise they will leave a one-hour session with an error-free paper.
- We do not conduct research; however, we can assist students to improve their research skills.
How to Make an Appointment:
- Please read “What We Do, What We Don’t Do” (above) and review our policies (at the bottom of our FAQ page).
- Use the “request form” below; email us at writingcenter.ausb[at]antioch.edu; call or leave a message for us at 805-962-8179 ext 5110; drop by Room 207 to see us; or use our “same day/next day” sign-up sheet (on the door of Room 207). If you email or call, please include the following information:
- Your first and last name
- What program you are in (BA, MACP, M.Ed., MBA, PsyD, etc.)
- A phone number and/or Antioch email where you can be reached
- A brief description of what you need assistance with
- Before attending your appointment, please review our FAQs and the “Preparing for Your Session” guide, under the list of FAQs on the same page.
Cancellations: If you need to cancel, please do so at least 24 hours in advance.