Transcripts | Diplomas | Graduation Questions

Below are Frequently Asked Questions about Transcripts, Diplomas and Graduation (click on a question to display the answer). Also check the General Questions and Registration Questions  pages. Please contact us if you have additional questions.

Transcripts, Diploma & Graduation

How do I order an official AUSB transcript?

Antioch University Santa Barbara has authorized the National Student Clearinghouseto provide online transcript ordering services to our current and former students.

To order an official transcript, please visit the AUSB National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering Center

If you need help or have questions about the National Student Clearinghouse’s transcript ordering service, please feel free to contact them via email at or by phone at 703.742.7791.

How do I order an unofficial AUSB transcript?

Current students and recent alumni may print out an unofficial credit history report from the Students Menu in myAntioch.  If an unofficial transcript is needed, please complete the Unofficial Transcript Request.  There is no charge for an unofficial transcript.

Can I have a transcript downloaded or sent electronically?

Antioch University Santa Barbara does not currently provide electronic versions of the official transcript; however, current and former students may request that an electronic version of the unofficial transcript be sent to them or to a third party.

How much does an official transcript cost?

An official transcript without narrative assessments is $10.00.  An official transcript with narrative assessments is $20.00.  Please note that there is a $2.25 National Student Clearinghouse processing charge in addition to the amounts listed above.

Do letter grade equivalents appear on the transcript?

Letter grade equivalents do not appear on the transcript; they appear on the narrative evaluation, if requested by the student (before the add/drop deadline) while enrolled in the course. 

How can I obtain a GPA equivalent?

To request a GPA equivalent letter, please complete the GPA Equivalent Request Form or contact the Registrar’s Office at  Individuals can also request a GPA equivalent letter  when ordering official transcripts by indicating you want a letter in the Special Instructions section of the National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Request form.

Can anything prevent the release of my diploma?

Your diploma is not released if you have outstanding financial obligations to the University.  Remember you can always check myAntioch for information on any outstanding holds on your academic records.

Can I obtain more than one copy of my diploma?

No. University policy only allows graduates to have one diploma per degree.

My original diploma was lost or destroyed. How can I get a new one?

To request a new diploma due to loss or destruction, please contact the Registrar’s Office at

My name has changed. How can I ensure that this will be reflected on my diploma?

A new diploma can be issued upon receipt of the Diploma Re-order form (and fee) and supporting documentation confirming a court-order approved name change.

How and when will my diploma be available after graduation?

Graduates will receive notification, via the email address indicated on their Application for Graduation & Diploma or Certificate Order form, when their diploma has been placed in the mail for delivery.

Can someone pick up my diploma or transcript for me?

Yes.  To have someone pick up a diploma and/or transcript on your behalf, please provide the Registrar’s Office with written notification of the name, date, and time range when the individual will be picking up the documents.  Please include your printed name, signature, and student ID number on the request.  Please note that photo ID will need to be provided prior to release of any documents.

When is commencement?

Commencement takes place at the end of the Spring quarter.  The commencement date can be found on the Academic Calendar.

If I participate in commencement, have I earned my degree?

No. Commencement is held before the Registrar’s Office can confirm if Spring and Summer candidates have fulfilled their final requirements.  Participating in the ceremony is not a guarantee of graduation.

What do I do if my relatives want to attend the commencement ceremony, but need a visitor’s visa?

If you are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony, the Registrar’s Office can provide you with an official commencement letter inviting your relatives to the commencement ceremony.  The Registrar’s Office will need to know the names of your relatives (exactly as they appear on their passports) as well as their relation to you.

For more information regarding the B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa process and requirements, please visit Visitor Visas – Business and Pleasure.


How does a third party verify degree status?

Antioch University Santa Barbara has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to act as its agent for the verification of degree conferral and enrollment status. Third parties who wish to verify degrees and/or enrollment, please select the “Order-Track-Verify” menu tab on the NSC website:

If you have any questions regarding enrollment and/or degree verifications, please feel free to contact NSC directly at

Phone: (703) 742-4200
FAX: (703) 742-4239

What is the Application for Graduation & Diploma or Certificate Order Form & Fee?

All graduating students in degree and certificate programs are required to submit the Application for Graduation & Diploma or Certificate Order form & fee during their final term. The Registrar’s Office is unable to process the official program completion and issue the diploma or certificate until AUSB receives the completed form and fee.