The Office of the Registrar is committed to support the academic and learning mission of the University. We strive to connect our students to the community through a continuum of service from enrollment to graduation and beyond the classroom.

As stewards of academic information and records, we offer direct support to students, faculty, and staff through services such as registration, management of student academic records, implementing and monitoring academic policies, and engaging in the development of useful student record systems, policies and procedures.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance or questions regarding our services.


Julia Dubiel, Registrar & Director of Student Services (805.962.8179 ext. 5105)

Alisha Bartoo, Assistant Registrar (805.962.8179 ext. 5325)

Samantha Valdès, Student Services Associate (805.962.8179 ext. 5102)


Registration FAQs

Where can I find the Schedule of Classes?

The Schedule of Classes is available to students and the general public via myAntioch during week 6 of each quarter.  The general public may view the Schedule of Classes by selecting the Guest Login menu option in myAntioch.

I am not attending this term. What do I have to do?

Students are permitted to take up to two terms of leave during any four term period.  To register for a Leave of Absence, one must complete the Leave of Absence/Enrollment Maintenance Form during the Registration period.

A course I need to take is full. How can I register for this course?

You cannot register for a closed course. Registration is closed for a course that has reached its seating capacity. Some courses have additional sections of the same course offered at different times or with different instructors. If there are alternate sections that fit your schedule and remain open, you may register for one of them. If the closed course has an on-line waitlist, you can add yourself to the waitlist; however, being on the waitlist does not guarantee your entry into the class.  If there is no waitlist, you can periodically check the course enrollment status on the online Schedule of Classes. Seats occasionally become available when students drop the course.  Always prepare your schedule with alternates for each course that meet at the same time or at times that will not disrupt your entire schedule.

I am on the waitlist for the course. How will I know if I got in?

If you are on a waitlist and a space becomes available, you will receive an email at your gmail account confirming that a space is available and the time frame by which you must register online for the course.  If you fail to register for the course by the allotted time, the available space will become available to the next student on the waitlist.

The online Schedule of Classes shows that there are open seats in a course, but when I attempt to register it still says waitlisted. Why?

This is because the seats that have become available are reserved for those people who are included on the waitlist. Waitlisted students are not automatically registered when seats become available; students must register themselves after being notified that they have been approved to register for the class. The best thing to do in this case is for you to put yourself on the waitlist, provided the waitlist is still open.

How can I verify my course schedule for the term?

You can view and/or print your course schedule from the My Class Schedule link in myAntioch.

I am not an enrolled student of AUSB, but I would like to take a course. How can I do this?

Individuals from the community may request to register for individual courses by completing the Special Student Registration Form.  The registration must be approved by the Program Chair to ensure that space is available in the requested course(s).

Can I audit a class?

Auditing courses is permitted with the approval of faculty teaching the course. Credit is not awarded for audited courses. Students who audit courses and subsequently matriculate as regular students cannot be awarded transfer credit, residency, or prior learning equivalency for audited courses toward the completion of their degree program.  No audit fee is charged for students who are enrolled at least half‑time. 

Can I take classes at other Antioch campuses while enrolled at AUSB?

Yes.  Students who are enrolled at least half-time are eligible to take intra-university courses.  Students are also permitted to participate in an Antioch Education Abroad program offering.  Students must complete the Intra-university Registration Petition Form.

I missed the registration period. Can I still register?

Yes.  If you are a continuing student, you may register after the initial registration period – a $100 late fee will be assessed to your student account.  All continuing students must register for academic units or a status by the add/drop period or they will be withdrawn from the University for non-enrollment.



General Questions

General FAQs

Does the Office of the Registrar have a generic email address?

Yes.  The generic email address is

How do I notify the Registrar’s Office that my address has changed?

Active students can update their contact information online via the Update Contact Information hyperlink on the Students Menu in myAntioch.

Students who previously attended Antioch University Santa Barbara may submit the Change of Contact Information Form to the Registrar’s Office.

How do I change my name on my academic record?

You may notify the Registrar’s Office of a name change by completing the Change of Name Form and providing two valid forms of identification verifying the new legal name (i.e., driver license, marriage certificate, divorce decree, social security card, passport).

How do I obtain official proof of enrollment?

If you need an official letter verifying your enrollment status, you  may request an enrollment verification letter by sending an email to from your gmail account.

Do I have to use my email account?

Students, staff, and faculty must use their gmail account for all Antioch University Santa Barbara official communication, in accordance with the Antioch University Email Use Policy.  It is important that students, staff, and faculty check their gmail account regularly to ensure that important messages are viewed and/or responded to in a timely manner.

What is considered directory information at Antioch University Santa Barbara?

At Antioch University Santa Barbara, the following information is considered, but is not limited to, “directory” information:  the student’s name; address; telephone listing; electronic mail address; photographs; date and place of birth; major field of study; grade level; enrollment status; dates of attendance; participation in officially recognized activities; degrees, honors and awards received; and the most recent educational agency or institution attended. 

How do I restrict directory information from being released?

You may request to have your directory information blocked from release by completing the Request to Prevent Disclosure of Directory Information Form.

Where can I find out if there are any holds on my account?

You may view any active holds on your account by visiting the My Holds section of the Students Menu in myAntioch or by contacting the Registrar’s Office at

Where can I find information about Univeristy and campus policies?

The University and campus policies can be found in the AUSB General Catalog as well as on the Policies page of the Antioch University website.

How will I know where my classes are located?

Classroom assignments are available to students via the My class schedule link on the Students Menu in myAntioch during week 13 of each quarter. 

How do I get my final course evaluations?

Once submitted, Evaluator Learning Assessments are available to students via the Academic credit by term link on the Students Menu in myAntioch.

How do I withdraw from the University?

You may withdraw from the University by submitting a formal request to your Advisor and the Registrar’s Office.  The official request may be sent via the email account or be provided in writing (with a signature present).  Your withdrawal will be effective as of the date the formal request is received.

Does Antioch University Santa Barbara offer student health insurance?

Effective January 2014, health insurance options for domestic and international students include applying for a private individual plan or applying for coverage through one of the Covered California Health Insurance Plans.

For more information on the Covered California Health Insurance Plans, please visit

For information on HCC Medical Insurance Services, a company that specializes in private international student health plans, please visit

Does AUSB offer health insurance?

Effective January 2014, health insurance options for domestic and international students include applying for a private individual plan or applying for coverage through one of the Covered California Health Insurance Plans.

For more information on the Covered California Health Insurance Plans, please visit

For information on HCC Medical Insurance Services, a company that specializes in private international student health plans, please visit

Note: International students must have health insurance while enrolled at Antioch University Santa Barbara.



Student Forms

The following are several of the downloadable forms most commonly used by Registrar’s Office.

Official Transcript Requests - To order an official transcript, please visit the AUSB National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering Center.

Change of Address/Change of Name (PDF)

Leave of Absence/Enrollment Maintenance Form (PDF)

Add/Drop Registration Change (PDF)

Clear Credential Certification Registration (PDF)

Educational Foundations Registration (PDF)

Special Student Registration (PDF)

Petition for Exception (PDF)

Request to Prevent Disclosure of Directory Information (PDF)

FERPA Authorization Form (PDF)

Application for Graduation & Diploma / Certificate Order Form (PDF)  
NOTE: In order to participate in Commencement you must also complete the Commencement Registration Form

PsyD Registration Options Form (PDF)

PsyD Internship Registration Form (PDF)


The Antioch University Santa Barbara (AUSB) Catalog for 2012-2013 is available for download using the link below. If you have any questions regarding current policies and procedures, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (805) 962-8179 × 5105.

Click on image to enlarge and turn pages.

You can also download a PDF copy (1.4 MB)