Academic Calendar 2016-17 (quarterly)
|First day of quarter||Jul 5||Oct 3||Jan 3||Apr 3|
|Holidays||Sep 5||Nov 11*|
|Academic drop/add deadline; Online registration closes for current quarter||Jul 19||Oct 17||Jan 17||Apr 17|
|Schedule of classes available for subsequent quarter||Jul 27||Oct 26||Jan 25||Apr 26|
|Advising period for registration for subsequent quarter||Jul 28- Aug 10||Oct 27-Nov 9||Jan 26-Feb 8||Apr 27-May 10|
|Online registration opens for subsequent quarter||Aug 16||Nov 15||Feb 14||May 16|
|Online registration closes for subsequent quarter||Aug 25||Nov 24||Feb 23||May 25|
|Deadline to pay/sign for tuition & fees Fiscal Office for subsequent quarter||Sep 8||Dec 8||Mar 9||Jun 8|
|End of instructional period (Normally classes end in week 10;|
however, due to holidays and makeups, some may end in week 11 or 12); Date on diploma for grads
|Sep 17||Dec 17||Mar 25||Jun 17|
Academic Calendar 2016-17 (MBA program)
|First day of term||Sep 2||Jan 6||May 5||Sep 1|
|Schedule of classes available for subsequent term||Nov 1||Mar 7||Jul 5||Oct 31|
|Advising period for registration subsequent term||Nov 2-15||Mar 8-21||Jul 6-19||Nov 1-14|
|Online registration opens for subsequent term||Nov 23||Mar 28||Jul 26||Nov 22|
|Tuition deadline for subsequent term||Dec 8||Apr 13||Aug 10||Dec 7|
|End of instructional period|
(Normally classes end in weeks 14 or 15;
however, due to holidays and makeups,
some may end in week 16)
Date on diploma for grads
|Dec 18||Apr 23||Aug 20||Dec 17|
*Classes will not be in session on Friday, November 11 in observation of Veterans Day, but the campus will be open for business.
For add/drop and tuition refund deadlines: Based on AU policy, deadlines for adding and dropping courses and for tuition refunds (other than for full withdrawal from the term) will vary based on the actual instructional period of each course. General guidelines are as follows:
- ADD: 0 – 20% of instructional period
- DROP (no transcript notation, 100% tuition refund): 0‐20% of instructional period
- WITHDRAW (transcript notation of W, 0 tuition refund, counts as attempted credit in calculation of SAP): 21% ‐ 60% of instructional period.
- WITHDRAW‐NO CREDIT (transcript notation of WNC, 0 tuition refund, counts as attempted credit in calculation of SAP): 61% ‐ end of instructional period.
- For 10 week classes, the Add/Drop deadline is typically Monday of week 3 of the term.
- Non-standard meeting schedules are subject to different dates.
- Actual dates by section appear in section detail in AUView.