Applications are still being accepted for Fall 2013, apply today. Classes begin September 6th.
- Online Application on VIP page
- $60 application fee or fee-waiver code
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university. Applicants who have not finished their degree must do so before the first day of their desired start term.
- Two letters of recommendation (Recommender should have known/know the applicant in a professional or academic context). Recommendation letters must be submitted directly from the recommender to the Office of Admissions accompanied by a signed (applicant and recommender) Applicant Recommendation Form.
- Current resume
- Please send your resume as an email attachment (.doc, .docx, .pdf, or .rtf) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following in the email subject line: first and last name and MBA Program.
- Candidate interview
- Graduate-level writing skills
- Competency in financial accounting and microeconomics. Competency can be demonstrated in a variety of ways including the following. If you believe you have met this requirement in an alternate way or wish to enroll in the program before completing this requirement simply contact Scott Weatherman, Director of Admissions to discuss your options. He can be reached at sweatherman @ antioch.edu.
- Academic coursework. For example, completion of a two-year or four-year level course in financial account and microeconomics. Courses must have been completed no more than five years before the applicant’s desired start term.
- Credit by exam. Students may submit scores from CLEP Exams. Exam must have been completed five years before applicant’s desired start term.
- Admission essays guidelines
- Please send your completed essays as email attachments (.doc, .docx, .pdf, or .rtf) to: email@example.com, with the following in the email subject line: first and last name and MBA Program. Please use the following format guidelines for both essays: 12-point font, double-spaced, 1″ margins, top right header: first and last name, “MBA”, and essay number.
- Admission essay prompts
- Essay One: Write a statement of purpose that describes your personal and professional goals and discuss how the MBA program can help you reach your goals. Please limit your response to one page.
- Essay Two: The MBA program has three areas of focus (Non-profit Management, Social Business, and Strategic Leadership). In 250 words or less, articulate your definition of your desired focus area.
- Essay Three: If your undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, please respond to the following question: Discuss the factors that contributed to your current GPA and how, specifically, you will mitigate these factors to be successful in graduate level classes at Antioch University Santa Barbara.
Application review process:
Phase One – An application will be reviewed once the following are received by the Office of Admissions:
- Admission application (including application fee or fee waiver)
- Unofficial or official transcripts indicating Bachelor’s degree conferral from a regionally accredited college or university
- All admission essays
- Current resume
- Letters of recommendation including required coversheet
Phase Two – Upon recommendation from Admissions Committee an applicant is scheduled for an interview with a member(s) of the Admissions Committee. Interviews are generally less than one hour and are held on campus or via Skype.
Phase Three – Upon recommendation from the Admissions Committee, applicant is notified via email (only) of an offer of admission.
The program does not require that applicants submit GRE or GMAT or scores.
Antioch University Santa Barbara particularly seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to building a student population diverse in gender, ethnicity, age, class, physical abilities, learning styles, sexual orientation, professional backgrounds, and community experiences.