The Women & Leadership Certificate Program combines the study of leadership and gender within Antioch’s unique educational model that combines applied and experiential learning.
- Study the principles & practice of values-based leadership
- Enhance your success in business, public/political, & non-profit venues
- Build a network of mentors and peer leaders in other institutional & community contexts
- Low-residency/virtual program
- Next cohort begins January 2016
A complete application for the Women & Leadership program includes:
- An online application
- Application fee payment of $60.00 (or fee waiver)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current resumé
- Admission essay
Applications are currently being accepted – Apply Now!
This program takes place over 10 months, anchored by three 2½ day residencies at our beautiful Santa Barbara campus. The residency dates for 2016 will be in January, June, and October. In between the three residency sessions, students will take advantage of AUSB’s virtual online classroom that links students and faculty for ongoing study, enabling students to fit this important educational and experiential opportunity into their busy lives.
At the outset of our Program, each student will take a series of individual assessments to help them identify unique strengths and challenges as a leader. The history and status of women as leaders in individual fields of interest, with particular focus on the issues that support or hinder that achievement, will be studied. Important issues related to economic and social justice; the interrelationship of business, public/political, and non-profit venues; work-life balance, self-care, and mentoring/networking will be closely examined. Values-based leadership and communication skills will be discussed and taught. Students will create and present individual leadership projects in collaboration with faculty, mentors, and peers; and complete a plan to fulfill their individual future leadership goals.
- The Influence of Gender on Leadership: Case Studies of Female Leaders, Past & Present
- The Practice of Values-Based Leadership: Progressive and Effective Leadership Training
- Experiential Leadership Project
Tuition for the entire program is $9,000.
Federal financial aid is not available for this program, however AUSB has a number of institutional scholarships. All interested candidates are welcome to apply.
“The leadership class has really changed my life. It forced me to act … and has given me strength and energy. Energy to believe that I am not ‘an imposter,’ that gender bias does exist, that you have to say ‘yes,’ and that it is our responsibility to fight for other women. I can easily say I would not be a VP at this time without the push this class gave me.”
– Kim Heidt, Vice President, Global Store Operations, Deckers Outdoor Corporation
“This Program its amazing faculty and incredibly supportive participants, has energized me and motivated me to step up and accomplish things I could only dream of. It has taken me to the next level.”
– Tracey A. Ryan, Director, Systems Development, Publishing Technologies, SAGE Publications, Inc.