- Create for-profit businesses and organizations with a focus on particular social needs.
- Operate and manage businesses and organizations that advance social responsibility and civic engagement.
- Demonstrate strategic leadership in a wide range of for-profit and not-for-profit environments.
Complete your MBA with a focus on socially responsible business in 4 semesters over the course of 16 months of full-time study (each semester is 4 months long.) To accommodate the learning-style and scheduling needs of today’s busy students who balance multiple responsibilities, we have created an innovative hybrid program of study that has two different delivery models- Track 1 and Track 2. Students in both tracks are together during our monthly on-campus residencies and for their courses online. The difference between the two tracks, set out in more detail below, is that students enrolled in Track 2 are required to meet face-to-face with our MBA faculty on a weekly basis for Project Labs held on AUSB’s campus and attend our monthly MBA Workshops.
Track 1 students meet face-to-face once a month for the MBA Program residencies at our beautiful downtown Santa Barbara campus; classes start at 2:00 pm on Friday and continue on Saturday. During each residency, Track 1 students also may attend the Friday evening MBA Workshops. Outside of the residencies, students in Track 1 continue their coursework using AUSB’s virtual learning environment. In Track 1, all classes not held during the monthly residency take place online, including the weekly Project Labs (part of the Integrative Strategy Project courses). Track 1’s low-residency design allows for optimal learning flexibility throughout the MBA Program.
Track 2 students meet face-to-face with MBA faculty on AUSB’s beautiful downtown Santa Barbara campus on a weekly basis throughout the entire 16 months of the MBA Program. Track 2 students join Track 1 students once a month for the MBA Program residencies on campus; classes start at 2:00 pm on Friday and continue on Saturday. During each residency, Track 2 students must attend the Friday evening MBA Workshops. Additionally, Track 2 students meet weekly on-AUSB’s campus for the Project Labs (part of the Integrative Strategy Project courses), taught by MBA faculty. Students in Track 2 also continue their coursework using AUSB’s virtual learning environment.
Our unique two-track hybrid model creates a rich in-person learning environment allowing for maximum flexibility. The curriculum for both Tracks 1 and 2 remain consistent and tuition is priced the same. Our MBA Program provides students with the ability to complete an advanced degree despite the demands of other responsibilities. Individual students may also elect to participate in the MBA Program on a part-time basis.
Current tuition for the MBA program is $925 per semester unit, whether you are a California resident, out-of-state, or international student. For the 36 units required to graduate, the total tuition cost for a full-time student is $33,700.*
*Tuition costs are subject to an adjustment on an annual basis.
- Social Entrepreneur
- Manager or Executive in a For-Profit Corporate Environment
- Manager or Executive Specializing in Corporate Philanthropy
- Manager or Executive of a Non-Profit or Non-Government Organization (NGO)
- Leader in Community Engagement in Public or Private Sector
- This Program may also appeal to the active community board volunteer and the lifetime learner who is interested in exploring these fascinating, timely, and important topics.
AUSB’s MBA program will provide students with an understanding of the importance of social responsibility and stewardship. These are vital components of leadership, and will assist in meeting challenges of the future. Through a flexible Integrative Strategy Project students will explore leadership issues in social enterprises, non-profits, and traditional businesses.
- Introduction to Social Business, Non-Profit Management, and Strategic Leadership
- Leadership, Teamwork, and Diversity: Developing Human Resources in Changing Environments
- Entrepreneurship & Leading Change
- Marketing & Communication Strategy
- Integrative Strategic Management
- Global Philanthropy & Social Responsibility