- Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate Education
- MEd with Multiple Subject Credential
- MA with Multiple Subject & M/M Education Specialist Credential
- Clear Credential
- MA with M/M Education Specialist Credential
- M/M Education Specialist Credential
- Multiple Subject Credential
- MA in Education
- Degree Requirements
- Field Experience
- Education Faculty
- Education News
- Application Process and Deadlines
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology
- MA in Clinical Psychology
- Master of Business Administration
- Women & Leadership Certificate Program
New MEd Program Approved
New Masters of Education (MEd) Degree Approved
After a several years of research, planning and preparation, Antioch University Santa Barbara’s Education Programs have received approval to offer an alternative to the Master of Arts in Education (MA) degree. This alternative is being made available to the students in the 2012-13 cohort.
The new program combines the Multiple Subject Credential and M.Ed (Masters in Education) degree in an intensive five-quarter program. Students in the 2012-13 cohort will be able to choose this, or the traditional program that focuses on credential work (Multiple Subject and optional Education Specialist) the first year and the Master of Arts (MA) degree the second year.
The new MEd program was inspired by similar credential programs offered by some UC, CSU and private universities.The traditional Master of Arts (MA) degree is also being expanded to offer a larger range of elective courses. By offering additional program options, Antioch Santa Barbara’s Education Programs hopes to be able to serve a wider range of K-12, non-traditional and higher learning educators as well as educators who work in non-profit and corporate organizations.