BA in Liberal Studies with a Concentration in Liberal Arts
Through AUSB’s core curricula, students explore the central knowledge and skills of their chosen field or profession to prepare for engagement in meaningful and socially responsible work.
Students who prefer to engage in a broad spectrum of studies may choose a Liberal Arts concentration which prepares them to think critically from multiple perspectives and enables them to take responsibility as citizens in an increasingly complex society.
AUSB’s Liberal Arts concentration provides an innovative, student-centered approach to education – focusing on the acquisition of key intellectual tools designed to increase personal awareness, foster individual and social creativity, and encourage professional development and socially responsible thought and action.
Recommended Liberal Arts Courses
The following course of study is recommended for the Liberal Arts concentration in order to provide a broad based education across academic disciplines. Please see the BA degree requirements page for additional information.
- LBS345 Environmental Studies/Ecology
- LBS331 Multiculturalism and American Politics
- LBS370B Social Movements
- LBS346 Africa in World History
- LBS382 Inner Landscape of Art
- LBS377A Latino Community in American Society
- LBS367 Ethical Issues in Contemporary Society
- LBS378 Racism & Sexism in America
- LBS339 Personal Journal
- LBS332 Varied Visions or
- LBS338 Love and Conflict
- PSY334 Theories of Learning & Cognition
- PSY340 Theories of Personality
- PSY344 Social Psychology
- COM310 Academic Writing
- COM313 Creative Writing
- COM319 Creative Non-Fiction Writing
- COM356 Dyadic Communication
- COM358 Group Dynamics
- COM355 Intercultural Communication
- MGT368 Principles of Management
- MGT366A Marketing Principles and Applications
- MGT374 Organizational Strategy and Culture