The Winter Social Justice Series starts Saturday, February 4, with the film Tapestries of Hope. A feature-length documentary, Tapestries of Hope reveals the story of human rights activist Betty Makoni and the Girl Child Network (GCN) in Zimbabwe, Africa. The documentary exposes the myth behind the belief that raping a virgin cures a man of HIV/AIDS. The stories are told by the girls of Zimbabwe with Makoni helping them to become re-empowered and find their voice. These events are open to the public and free admission. Learn more information about this film and the Social Justice series.
- Antioch Co-Sponsors David Sobel Lecture with Wilderness Youth Project
- ‘Love, Longing and Lust’ Poetry Reading with 5 Local Poets – Feb. 10
- UCSD’s Anthony Mathews to Lead MBA Workshop at Antioch
- AUSB Dedicates Myrna Lord Memorial Classroom
- AUSB Sponsors Global Fund For Women ‘Architects For Change’ Reception